Thursday, December 3, 2009

Round Two Day 27 & 28

I feel like I should be having some really exciting and adventurous entries here in the last few days, but in reality I'm still just trying to plow through the Thanksgiving leftovers and the CSA vegetables before they go bad. It's a little anti-climactic. I'm also getting a new box of veggies tomorrow, so I've got my work cut out for me. I had big plans tonight to make applesauce and mayonnaise (not together) but the siren song from the backlog of programs on my television DVR wooed me away and I did nothing. It's a miracle I pulled myself away to write this.

Day 27
Breakfast: Granola and Milk

Lunch: Potato Pesto Lasagna. I made this to take to my friend Kathryn who just had a baby. It made a lot, so I tested a bowl of it for lunch. I have to confess that this contained contraband. (Parmesan Cheese Ingredients: Pasteurized Milk, Salt, Cheese Cultures and Goat Cheese Ingredients: Pasteurized Goat Milk, Salt, Cheese Cultures, Vegetable Rennet- I justified buying these because I wasn't going to eat the dish myself, I swear that was my intention!) I did make the Pesto and Alfredo sauce from scratch though!

Dinner: Left over salad with mustard vinegarette. Leftover bean soup. The bacon that I added to the soup after finding it too thick and fatty for breakfast was also too thick and fatty for the soup.

Dessert: Two and a half sugar cookies and a small glass of milk. Drinking milk was not something I did before this project began. In fact we used rice milk in our cereal, the only time we had it in the house was if a recipe called for it. If I did use milk it was usually skim because it is the least milky. I'm not pouring myself a tall glass of milk to drink with dinner or anything. (a few of my brothers do this) But the fact that I would drink even a half cup of whole milk is rather surprising.

Day 28
Breakfast: Coffee, Buttermilk Pancakes with Maple Syrup and Butter.

Snack: A banana I shared with Baby J

Lunch: 2 mini-meatballs with Herby Tomato Sauce - This is from the organic Baby Cookbook... I made too many for him to eat before they go bad, and I have discovered he is too snobby to eat food that has been frozen. Jeez! This kid doesn't know how good he has it!

Dinner: Brown Rice Penne Pasta (This has been in the pantry for months! I guess it is healthier or something, but the consistency is just not right. It's so mushy. I am hoping to make my own pasta sometime soon, and I am going to stick with Durham Wheat Semolina.) shrimp, tomato, onion, garlic, lemon juice and leftover pesto mix from yesterday.

Dessert: Peach Cobbler

No comments:

Post a Comment