Monday, November 23, 2009

Day 17 & 18 - Broken cookies are the best

Oh it is getting hard to do this. I think working backwards will help me... I just had some broken cookie pieces from a zip lock bag. I had a meeting last night at my garden about our holiday pot luck, and someone brought them from another event. She said they were samples from a "freelance baker" who was next to her at a neighborhood arts event.  She insisted I take them home, and since my brother was coming over for dinner and I figured they were homemade by this baker... I was trying to be helpful.



Before that I had Beet Salad, some of the mediocre Pumpkin Chowder from book club night, steamed broccoli and bread with butter. It was a rather nice meal. I love that beet salad. I also had it for lunch with the last of the lentil, meatball, bacon, salsa thing. That was a great combination when they mixed together on the plate. I was sad I didn't have more of both, it was kind of like the chocolate and peanut butter discovery in old Reeses commercials, except not as weird as eating from a jar of peanut butter while walking down the street or at the movies.

I think I also had parts of three bananas, all of which I shared with Baby J. He likes to act like he's eating the whole banana, and won't eat little pieces that are broken off, but he will only eat about a quarter of a banana in a sitting, so the rest is up to me.

For breakfast I had two eggs scrambled and some fried potatoes and coffee. Yesterday I left off at about midday so going back... for dessert I had some of the broken cookie parts and a glass of milk. Dinner was pumpkin stew in a pot and sautéed kale with garlic and oil, and bread. Before dinner, at the meeting I ate a whole cookie and some more of the broken cookie parts. I think that takes us back to where we left off.

No comments:

Post a Comment