Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Shopping

I've had some inquiries into what I buy at the store. Since I've gotten back in town I have been to my neighborhood grocery Figueroa Produce, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods and the Farmer's Market.


November 5, 2009 - Figueroa Produce
3 pounds Grass Fed Beef
1 Grass Fed Rump Roast
1 Organic Whole Chicken
13 Bean Soup Mix (I know I said before that this was out because of having 13 beans - but really, it's just beans)
Mushrooms
Pasta Shells - for the baby
Rolled Oats
Yogurt - This is a cheat, but after being gone so long I didn't have any yogurt to make new yogurt with. My husband will eat this. I will just use it make more.
Bananas
Green Onions
Bag of Carrots
Shallot
Lemons
Cantaloupe
2 Brown Onion
Green Grapes
All Purpose Flour - This is enriched. It technically is not allowed, but I have looked around and all of the white flours are enriched. The additional ingredients are just vitamins, I think I have to give myself a pass on this one.
10 pound bag of potatoes
Raw Butter

November 6, 2009 Trader Joe's
Novella Synergy Red Wine - This is the first bottle of wine I've bought for home consumption since the project started. I still don't know what the ingredients are. But I also don't care. For the second month we've decided that wine is admissable. Beer is not.
Whole Wheat Flour
Avocados
Box of Honeycrisp Apples

November 10, 2009 Whole Foods
Heavy Whipping Cream
Shortening
Butter
Brown Sugar
Vanilla Extract - This has vanilla bean and alcohol. I found a recipe to make it myself, but it takes several months to ferment. I am planning on trying it though.

Salt Pork - This is one of those decisions that I was able to justify at the time, but I'm regretting now. I went to Whole Foods to buy Pork Belly so I could make my own bacon. They didn't have any. I saw this and it is just pork and salt. I thought it could substitute for bacon in the Pumpkin Chowder I am making tomorrow for my book club. The fear of serving bland food to my guests weakened my resolve. Anyway, as soon as I get my hands on some pork belly I am going to make my own bacon.

November 10th, 2009 - Farmer's Market
1 head of Butter Lettuce
3 types of apples


DR - November 10th, 2009 - Figueroa Produce
Eggs
Milk
Vanilla - He didn't know that I had bought some as well.

November 11th, 2009 - Figueroa Produce
3 lbs Grass Fed Ground Beef
2 Brown Onions
1 bunch green onions
3.5 lbs Roma tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment