Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day Seven

Today the meals aren't exactly categorized. For some reason I had a hard time fitting eating in, so it's a little erratic. This is unusual for me, as you may have guessed, eating is generally a top priority... Anyway, I had a two, maybe three cups of coffee in the morning, then at about 10am I ate two slices of honey dew melon from the Farm Share and two pieces of the cinnamon raisin bread with butter. The bread was actually not too hard, which was a relief. I would have preferred a springy, yeasty piece of toast, but you make do with what you have.

Around 3:30pm I had the remaining rice salad from Monday. I was incredibly hungry at this point, and that salad, though very tasty, for some reason does not fill me up at all. So at about 4:30 DR made Chicken Salad with the leftovers from the Roast Chicken, red grapes from the farmer's market, Trader Joe's Real Mayonaise Ingredients: Expeller Pressed Canola Oil, Whole Eggs, Apple Cider Vinegar, Egg Yolks, Water, Salt, Spices, Lemon Juice Concentrate and Naturally Preferred Organic Stoneground Mustard from Figueroa Produce Ingredients: Organic Grain Vinegar, Water, Organic Mustard Seed, Salt, Organic Spices. I am looking forward to making my own mayo, but a little intimidated by making mustard. Luckily we have three different kinds in the fridge. We ate this on Kirkland All Natural Multigrain 100% Whole Grain Bread from Costco. Ingredients: Whole Wheat Flour, Water, Whole Grain Mix (Wheat, Oats, Barley, Bulgar Wheat, Cornmeal) Wheat Gluten, Brown Sugar, Sugar, Contains 2% or less of the following: Sunflower Seeds, Inulin, Sugarcane Fiber, Calcium Sulfate (Source of Calcium) Sea Salt, Soybean Oil, Yeast, Corn Starch, Raisin Juice Concentrate, Vinegar, Cultured Corn Syrup Solids, Wheat Bran, Soy Lecithin, Guar Gum, Ferrous Fumarate (Source of Iron).

I also had two black mission figs from the farmer's market.

Dinner was more of a real meal. We had the leftover arugula/tomato salad from Monday. It was a little wet, so I drained it in the strainer for a few minutes, then added more arugula and three more tomatoes and tossed it with the Bernstein's Restaurant Recipe Italian Dressing. I will be sad when that is gone, even though it's full of xanthum gum and potassium sorbate and and everything. I do love it. The main course was Couscous (which is just organic durum semolina) with yellow onion, from the farmer's market, and crookneck squash from my community garden. I used butter and water in cooking the couscous, and olive oil, salt & pepper in cooking the vegetables.

There is a chance I will have some sort of dessert this evening. DR had one of those Skinny Cow Ice Cream sandwiches that he bought right before this started, and then informed me that I did not want to eat one when he looked at the length of the ingredient list. And I agree, I am too tired to type that up. So I might just have a few more figs.

No comments:

Post a Comment