Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day Thirteen

For breakfast, I had the last of the granola I made on Saturday with some milk.

For lunch, Jan Smelk and I polished off the chili from Sunday with some of the polenta. Then around 5pm we ate some of the chicken we roasted with a glass of Viogner and some Irish Brown Bread.

As a kind of dinner around 8pm I had some of the leftover tabuleh and some grapes. Later on I ate one of the never ending chocolate chip cookies.

After roasting the chicken and the sauce, and the rich stock and everything, I made another chicken stock. This time I used the chicken carcass, and all the leftover vegetables that we had simmered for the chicken sauce, as well as the bag of vegetable clippings I had been collecting in the freezer. We browned the carcass with some oil and the simmered veggies before adding the water and the clippings. I filled the 8qt stock pot with water and let it simmer for four hours. Once strained I had about 16 cups of stock, most of which I put in the freezer for future use.

No comments:

Post a Comment